Call Now for Our Best Rates!
Green Energy Products
††5-year fixed rates of 6.69/kWh and 4.99/Gj apply to the Price Protection Electricity and Gas Programs from Just Energy. The advertised prices do not include a site administration fee of 6.69/kWh and 4.99/Gj per month for 1 site ID number and cover only the cost of electricity or natural gas, and does not include JustGreen charges or third-party charges related to transportation, delivery or transmission charges and taxes. See Terms and Conditions for details
Energy Saving Tips for Alberta Residents
No matter what type of energy rate plan you decide on for your natural gas and electricity services, the best way to save money on your monthly bills is to cut back on your energy usage. When you use less electricity and natural gas, you're also able to make a positive impact on the environment. Check out these helpful energy saving tips that you can start implementing in your house today.
Winter Energy Saving Tips
There's no doubt that the province of Alberta faces harsh winter months, and you may find yourself faced with higher electricity bills due to an increased usage of your heating system. Consider these winter energy saving tips to help you keep those bills low when the weather is cold.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat that automatically adjusts the heat based on whether or not people are in your house.
- Keep doors closed in rooms that aren't being used. Make sure that all closet doors are closed as well.
- Clean your furnace regularly and change out its filter.
- Prevent heat loss from your hot water tank by wrapping an insulation blanket around it.
- Make sure that your windows and exterior doors are securely shut, so as to prevent air leakage. You don't want your heat escaping from your house.
- Turn off the heat in un-insulated areas of your house like the garage or attic.
- Have your heating system inspected by a licensed HVAC professional regularly to ensure that it is working properly.
- Turn down your thermostat and the temperature setting on your water heater.
- Close your blinds and drapes at night in order to keep the cold air out of your house.
- Check out energy efficient service options from competitive electricity and natural gas providers in Alberta.
Follow these energy saving tips from Alberta Energy Providers, and you'll be able to do your part for the environment while saving money.